Topics

extending cable from KAT500 to K3s

Brian KF6C

Can I use a second E850463 to extend the length of the cable from the KAT500 to the K3s?

Thanks Brian KF6C

Rick NK7I

Yes, up to one extension or the timing gets skewed and problems happen.  That's what I've been doing.

Rick NK7I

On 5/7/2020 4:21 PM, Brian wrote:
Can I use a second E850463 to extend the length of the cable from the KAT500 to the K3s?

Thanks Brian KF6C

Doug, VE3MV

Ref: the KAT500 Owner’s Manal

Brian:

The Cabling diagram Fig 1, on page 4 and the related writeup on page 3 as well as the DB15 Interface Cable wiring information on page 8 would seem to indicate that you can - provided the connector polarity permits two to be connected in series.  If there is some other concern that prompts you to ask this question, I’d suggest you contact Elecraft support directly.

73,  Doug  VE3MV

On 2020-May-07, at 7:21 PM, Brian <brian@...> wrote:

Can I use a second E850463 to extend the length of the cable from the KAT500 to the K3s?

Thanks Brian KF6C

Ken K6MR

I’ve had a 20 foot cable  between my amps (first KPA500s, now KPA1500) for years and no problem.  The AuxBus has a slow data rate.

Ken K6MR