From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> on behalf of Doug, VE3MV via groups.io <dougve3mv@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 8, 2021 4:42 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] ESSB and the + sign on the front panel display

I’m having a memory lapse - recently there has been a “+” sign in the bottom RH corner of the K3 display.  What does it signify (perhaps ESSB ??) and how do I turn it ON or OFF.   I’ve checked prior messages on GroupIO but so far unable to track it down.

Tnx & 73
Doug  VE3MV

mikerodgerske5gbc

ESSB, all you got to do is go to search and download a copy of the manual like I did just now. I believe it said see page 16 k3 non s

73
Mike R

7!
Absolutely Awesome

On Jul 8, 2021, at 4:45 PM, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

I might be wrong , but could it be a T and not a +. If it is a T, that indicate decode is on . press and hold decode and the it should turn off.

Mel
NE9A

I’m having a memory lapse - recently there has been a “+” sign in the bottom RH corner of the K3 display.  What does it signify (perhaps ESSB ??) and how do I turn it ON or OFF.   I’ve checked prior messages on GroupIO but so far unable to track it down.

Tnx & 73
Doug  VE3MV

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

The + sign in the lower right in SSB mode is indicating that ESSB mode is ON.

To change it, go into the CONFIG menu, scroll to TX ESSB with the VFO B knob.  Press and release 1 to turn it OFF or ON.  Also, with it ON, you can change the TX BW with the VFO A knob when ESSB mode is ON.

 Doug, VE3MV
Jul 8