Error messages on startup

Bill Axelrod <bill@...>

About two weeks ago my K3 started doing something new.  When I turn the radio on it shows my greeting message and then presents a series of error messages as follows:

ERR BP1, ERR LPF, ERR IO3, ERR IF1, ERR XV3, ERR BP2, ERR AT3, ERR PA1

Then the error messages stop.  I can clear all those messages by repeatedly hitting the BAND UP arrow.  Once cleared, the radio works just fine.  Everything seems to work.

Any ideas about what is going on?  And what I should do about it?

Thanks and 73…   Bill K3WA

Thomas Rieff (K0YR)

Bill K3WA,
Did anyone ever answer your question on this message?
I have the same thing going on?
Tom, K0YR

Steef PA2A <pa2a@...>

Tom,

a few years ago I had the same errors on startup and it was caused by loose front panel connectors. Especially the double row connectors need cleaning and spraying with a protective solvent. If the front panel can be removed easily the contacts are too loose.

73s Steve PA2A

Op 30-11-2022 22:45 CET schreef Thomas Rieff (K0YR) <k0yr.tr@...>:

Bill K3WA,
Did anyone ever answer your question on this message?
I have the same thing going on?
Tom, K0YR

WE6R

Hi Bill;
What is the serial #? Older rigs had tin pins for the front panel, they can oxidize.
Take the 5 screws out for the FP, pry it slightly away in the bottom slots, then push it back on, if that clears it, that's it.
We change them to gold when they come in for service, I don't see a K3 coming in under your callsign.
I have a whole page of updates to check for, some older rigs need most of them!
Keith WE6R Elecraft K3/K4 Tech