Topics

[Elecraft] Type "N”/ BNC

Roger N1RJ

I prefer type C connectors. Big version of BNC.

On 7/16/2020 7:10 PM, Rose wrote:
Type "N” connectors ..... the only way. Next in line is "baby" bNc.

73

Ken Kopp - K0PP

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020, 16:47 Walter Underwood <@wunder> wrote:

I screw it down, wiggle it, back it off, wiggle it, push it down, screw it
down, repeat, then switch to Type N connectors (which don’t need any of
that nonsense).

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood
CM87wj
http://observer.wunderwood.org/ (my blog)

On Jul 16, 2020, at 2:45 PM, Don Wilhelm <donwilh@...> wrote:

One problem is that "finger-tight" is not the same for all hams.
The other is the use of off-brand connectors that do not fit well.
The other is that some connectors do not engage the protruding 'tabs' on
the PL-259 do not seat properly with the indentations on the SO-239. Those
are the ones for which "finger-tight" is not good enough.

I agree that 1/4 turn is too much - if you can turn it that much, it was
not properly mated, remove and start again. Just a slight touch of the
pliers will make it certain the connector is tight.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 7/16/2020 5:25 PM, Gmail - George wrote:
Years ago in a land far-far away all video coax connectors in Broadcast
Television were UHF (PL259).
We only tightened them hand (finger) tight. In may places pliers would
have
not fit any way.

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Message delivered to @wunder