Topics

Elecraft K3 / 100 with universal serial bus adapter (faulty)

Jon Richardson

Bild

Early serial number (01642) Elecraft K3 / 100 (non S synthesiser) with 2.7kHz crystal filer and Universal Serial Bus Adapter (KUSB) - comes with power cable and all original documentation including original sales receipt.

Unfortunately, the radio is faulty - it switches on but displays several ERR messages at startup. The previous owner (now silent key) had requested a factory upgrade and repair to the squelch / RF gain control and to address the RX & TX problems. Elecraft have "quoted" ca 4 hours to do the upgrades and repair but these are only possible at the factory in the US or the European major distributor in Italy. It is in otherwise perfect condition optically, no marks or scratches.

Grab yourself a bargain ...... €750,- / £650,- / $850,-

Please ask if you require more information or if you would like additional pictures.

Jon SA0KJI (QRZ.COM)

Mel Marcus

Before Elecraft will repair the unit, they will require some of the updates/mods . They charge for this. Then You will have to pay for the pair.  Last time I had something  repaired it cost $90/hr.

I don't understand the sentence that says it is in perfect condition , but it does not work.

Mel
NE9A

[...]

Hello everyone

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions plus the emails I have received directly.

I would just to qualify here my description.

The radio is faulty (as I described) but it is otherwise optically (and physically) in excellent condition - no marks, scratches or dings. The screen is in perfect condition and all the screws are present!

The reason for my posting was that I would like to give someone an opportunity to acquire a K3 with minimal expense albeit with a repair, but, I cannot afford to "give away" the radio. I have already received an offer for just the PA, but I would like to wait a few days to see if anyone is interested to acquire the complete radio and to carry out the necessary repair themselves.

I am a very happy K3S user so my reason is that I personally do not have the ability to do the repair, and additionally, I do not wish to invest in something that I do not NEED for myself. I can share the messages received from W&S in the UK and Elecraft in the US regarding the required repair and I can confirm that the costs will be ca. $100 per hour for around 4 hours work at Elecraft HQ.

I hope that helps and if anyone has any further questions, or requires any further information, just ask.

My quoted price includes shipping

73 Jon SA0KJI

Jon Richardson

Radio has now found a new home and hopefully will be be singing again soon!

Thanks to everyone who replied and offered suggestions and advice - greatly appreciated.

73 - Jon SA0KJI

Donn Drury