Topics

[Elecraft] Interesting P3 Anomaly

Brian K0DTJ

As I recall, if you disconnect the RS232 thru the P3 to the K3 it the P3 will display your spectrum since it doesn't know to mute during TX. Someone from Elecraft said it was due to "leakage" and is at IF so doesn't represent your transmitted signal. Seems like you found a software way to do this. :-)

73,
Brian, K0DTJ

David Box

Don't know what you mean "doesn't represent your transmitted signal" It is leakage of your signal at the IF, I see it with my SDR that is tied to the P3 IF out and it looks exactly like the signal I see on a spectrum analyzer using a coupler.
de Dave K5MWR

View/Reply Online (#32169): https://groups.io/g/Elecraft-K3/message/32169
Group Owner: Elecraft-K3+owner@groups.io