Topics

Does work the contact form?

I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help?

73,

Martin, OK1RR

rich

I have been waiting several weeks for a response also.

Rich

K3RWN

On 2/22/2021 4:45 AM, Martin Kratoska, OK1RR wrote:
I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help?

73,

Martin, OK1RR

Mike Kopacki

Anybody know the cost of the 144 module?

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

On Feb 22, 2021, at 2:23 PM, rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net> wrote:

I have been waiting several weeks for a response also.

Rich

K3RWN

On 2/22/2021 4:45 AM, Martin Kratoska, OK1RR wrote:
I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help?

73,

Martin, OK1RR

Michael Kopec

I beleive the 2M module was about $390 and another $30 if you do not have the internal ATU. I may be off a few bucks.

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 03:19:37 PM EST, Mike Kopacki <mikekopacki@...> wrote:

Anybody know the cost of the 144 module?

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

> On Feb 22, 2021, at 2:23 PM, rich <rwnewbould@...> wrote:
>
> I have been waiting several weeks for a response also.
>
> Rich
>
> K3RWN
>
>> On 2/22/2021 4:45 AM, Martin Kratoska, OK1RR wrote:
>> I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Martin, OK1RR

Bill Maddock

You can buy the Ukrainian 2 meter transverter for 80 dollars on eBay. It should just tie right in to transverter inputs on K3. Just my thoughts

De Bill WW5M

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 2:26 PM, Michael Kopec via groups.io <michaelkopec1@...> wrote:

I beleive the 2M module was about $390 and another $30 if you do not have the internal ATU. I may be off a few bucks.
On Monday, February 22, 2021, 03:19:37 PM EST, Mike Kopacki <mikekopacki@...> wrote:

Anybody know the cost of the 144 module?

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

> On Feb 22, 2021, at 2:23 PM, rich <rwnewbould@...> wrote:
>
> I have been waiting several weeks for a response also.
>
> Rich
>
> K3RWN
>
>> On 2/22/2021 4:45 AM, Martin Kratoska, OK1RR wrote:
>> I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Martin, OK1RR

ANDY NEHAN

Beware, we have tested the standard 2m and 70cm transverters and the mixer products are DIRE. From memory they are only down 10dB on the main signal even at 100mW output. There is now a so called high dynamic range model which uses a ring mixer and we have yet to test those so I cannot comment on their performance.

Andy G4HUE

You can buy the Ukrainian 2 meter transverter for 80 dollars on eBay. It should just tie right in to transverter inputs on K3. Just my thoughts

De Bill WW5M

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 2:26 PM, Michael Kopec via groups.io <michaelkopec1@...> wrote:

I beleive the 2M module was about $390 and another $30 if you do not have the internal ATU. I may be off a few bucks.
On Monday, February 22, 2021, 03:19:37 PM EST, Mike Kopacki <mikekopacki@...> wrote:

Anybody know the cost of the 144 module?

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

> On Feb 22, 2021, at 2:23 PM, rich <rwnewbould@...> wrote:
>
> I have been waiting several weeks for a response also.
>
> Rich
>
> K3RWN
>
>> On 2/22/2021 4:45 AM, Martin Kratoska, OK1RR wrote:
>> I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Martin, OK1RR

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

When most others are selling transverters for $450 and up, what could one expect for an $80 device.     About $80 worth of performance.

------ Original Message ------ From: "Bill Maddock via groups.io" <n4zi96@...> To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io Sent: Monday, 22 Feb, 2021 At 20:29 Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Does work the contact form? You can buy the Ukrainian 2 meter transverter for 80 dollars on eBay. It should just tie right in to transverter inputs on K3. Just my thoughts
De Bill WW5M

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 2:26 PM, Michael Kopec via groups.io <michaelkopec1@...> wrote:

I beleive the 2M module was about $390 and another $30 if you do not have the internal ATU. I may be off a few bucks.
On Monday, February 22, 2021, 03:19:37 PM EST, Mike Kopacki <mikekopacki@...> wrote:
Anybody know the cost of the 144 module? Thanks, Mike NJ2OM > On Feb 22, 2021, at 2:23 PM, rich <rwnewbould@...> wrote: > > I have been waiting several weeks for a response also. > > Rich > > K3RWN > >> On 2/22/2021 4:45 AM, Martin Kratoska, OK1RR wrote: >> I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help? >> >> 73, >> >> Martin, OK1RR >> >> >> >> >> > > > > >

Jim Brown

There is often a contrary relationship between "cheap" and "good."

There's a reason why quality stuff like Elecraft and Down East Microwave costs more.

73, Jim K9YC

On 2/22/2021 12:37 PM, ANDY NEHAN via groups.io wrote:
Beware, we have tested the standard 2m and 70cm transverters and the mixer products are DIRE. From memory they are only down 10dB on the main signal even at 100mW output. There is now a so called high dynamic range model which uses a ring mixer and we have yet to test those so I cannot comment on their performance.
Andy G4HUE
You can buy the Ukrainian 2 meter transverter for 80 dollars on
eBay. It should just tie right in to transverter inputs on K3. Just
my thoughts

Bill Maddock

Obviously that’s why they recommend only using about 2 watts output (10 watt unit) on the Ukrainian transverter. Guess that is supposed to keep the IMD down to a manageable level.

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 3:02 PM, Jim Brown <k9yc@...> wrote:

There is often a contrary relationship between "cheap" and "good."

There's a reason why quality stuff like Elecraft and Down East Microwave
costs more.

73, Jim K9YC

On 2/22/2021 12:37 PM, ANDY NEHAN via groups.io wrote:
> Beware, we have tested the standard 2m and 70cm transverters and the
> mixer products are DIRE. From memory they are only down 10dB on the main
> signal even at 100mW output. There is now a so called high dynamic range
> model which uses a ring mixer and we have yet to test those so I cannot
> comment on their performance.
>

> Andy G4HUE

Bob Hammond G4DBW

The answer to whether the contact form works or not  is  a " NO " from me.

Well, not yet anyway.

73

Bob G4DBW

Charlie T, k3ICH

I will shortly have a K3S for sale that already has the 144 MHz internal transverter installed.

73, Charlie, k3ICH

I beleive the 2M module was about $390 and another $30 if you do not have the internal ATU. I may be off a few bucks.

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 03:19:37 PM EST, Mike Kopacki <mikekopacki@...> wrote:

Anybody know the cost of the 144 module?

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

> On Feb 22, 2021, at 2:23 PM, rich <rwnewbould@...> wrote:
>
> I have been waiting several weeks for a response also.
>
> Rich
>
> K3RWN
>
>> On 2/22/2021 4:45 AM, Martin Kratoska, OK1RR wrote:
>> I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Martin, OK1RR

n3bud

Curuous as to what you will be asking for it and options in it?

Thanks,
Mike, N3BUD

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

I will shortly have a K3S for sale that already has the 144 MHz internal transverter installed.

73, Charlie, k3ICH

I beleive the 2M module was about $390 and another $30 if you do not have the internal ATU. I may be off a few bucks.

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 03:19:37 PM EST, Mike Kopacki <mikekopacki@...> wrote:

Anybody know the cost of the 144 module?

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

> On Feb 22, 2021, at 2:23 PM, rich <rwnewbould@...> wrote:
>
> I have been waiting several weeks for a response also.
>
> Rich
>
> K3RWN
>
>> On 2/22/2021 4:45 AM, Martin Kratoska, OK1RR wrote:
>> I want to ask if the tech support contact form on the Elecraft site does work. I tried to order the "Rubber Switch Array", part # E100200 to solve my problems with intermittent action of the front panel buttons but after longer time (~ a week) still no reply. Is there any better way to get help?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Martin, OK1RR

Geert Jan de Groot

The figures are better than -10dB, but it's not a stellar product. Especially the 2m version isn't entirely bad (for 70cm, the 28 MHz IF is just too near; IF should be >>10% of the output frequency)

Having said that, they interface well with the KXV3.

And the Elecraft transverters, especially the 70cm / 2m one also have serious design issues. There is a paper in one of the VHF/UHF conferences explaining the grounding issues.

In my case, I found the frequency drift of the 70cm model problematic, so I replaced the LO with a GPS locked LO, see https://forum.amsat-dl.org/index.php?thread/2832-432-28-mhz-transverter-from-transverters-store-com/

I suspect the transverters became end-of-life because of design issues. K3 modules "only" became end of life because of the introduction of the K4.

I guess the choices are between a product that won't be re-introduced (Elecraft), a product that needs work (transverters-store) and completely rolling your own. In my case, I can make the transverters-store solution work for me.