Topics

Clean tuning encoder?

KX2A

I do not know if I have an encoder problem.  When I tune my K3 rapidly with the main knob, the frequency display seems to jump around.  However, when I tune slowly, or when I use the RIT knob for fast tuning, or when I tune VFO B with its knob, I do not see this.  It may be that the rotary encoder is dirty, or it may be that the display fails to keep up with the encoder.  Is it difficult to clean the encoder?

Robert W5AJ

same issue here, have encoder that is bit more difficult to turn (like sticky on the bearing) and doesn't read well on changing value.   Has anyone tried Electronic cleaner on the encoder???  W5AJ