CBLP3Y

Maarten Bos

I have found the schematics on the Elecraft site. http://www.elecraft.com/manual/E740323%20K3s%20Schematic%20Files.pdf
On the right lower side of the drawing of the KIO3B Digital I/O Module is a pin table how to connect the serial port RJ-45 to the P3.
Pin table is called: J24 Connection to P3 using P3 cable (PC via USB)
With an old Cat5 cable and some SubD 9pin connectors from the junkbox I have made a CBLP3Y for free.

I have no problems buying parts if that is necessary. But in this case, it is cheaper and gives satisfaction after making this cable by myself.

Regards,
Maarten -PA3EYC-

ke9uw

Good work!

7MYM BD

I need further tips or circuit diagrams, the above link is no longer valid. After upgrading my K3 to KI03B, there is no such line. thanks

7MYM BD

Hello, Maarten:
are you home? I need your help. thanks

LIU WEI(BD7MYM)

Paul G4KZY

He Wei,

The schematic has moved to here:

https://ftp.elecraft.com/K3S/Manuals%20Downloads/E740323%20K3s%20Schematic%20Files.pdf

Look at the right hand side of page 15.  The instructions are there.

You need three connectors.  One RJ-45, one DSUB9 female (plugs into the P3 PC XCVR port) and one DSUB9 male (plugs into the P3 PC port.  Wire as follows (hope the formatting works):

RJ-45  D9M (PC)  D9F (XCVR)
1          5               5
2          3
3                           3
4          5               5
5          2
6                           2
7 (nc)
8 (nc)

73,

Paul

7MYM BD

Thank you very much, I will start to do it now.

7MYM BD

Thank you Paul: I have succeeded, corrected 4 4 4.

LIU WEI(BD7MYM)