Subject: [Elecraft-K3] Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book
From: "Earl" <n5zm@...>
Date: Wed, May 27, 2020 9:29 pm
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

I am in the market for the Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book if anyone has one excess
to their needs.

I have a Cady K3 hard copy book that is excess to my needs.

Earl N5ZM..

PS. Sure do miss Fred

redarlington

This might be heresy, but I didn't find anything in the book worth paying for.  Just about any of us should have the rigs mastered in the first month and should be able to write the book.  I feel very let down for the low low price of $60 shipped, give or take.

-Bob

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM Earl <n5zm@...> wrote:
I am in the market for the Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book if anyone has one excess
to their needs.

I have a Cady K3 hard copy book that is excess to my needs.

Earl N5ZM..

PS. Sure do miss Fred

Christopher Scibelli

$60 for a book on how to operate a K3?  That is a very expensive user guide, and I think you are right:  A K3 owner should be able to learn all it's features from the operating manual and about a month of on-air time.

73,

Chris  NU1O

This might be heresy, but I didn't find anything in the book worth paying for.  Just about any of us should have the rigs mastered in the first month and should be able to write the book.  I feel very let down for the low low price of $60 shipped, give or take.

-Bob

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM Earl <n5zm@...> wrote:
I am in the market for the Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book if anyone has one excess
to their needs.

I have a Cady K3 hard copy book that is excess to my needs.

Earl N5ZM..

PS. Sure do miss Fred

Charlie T, k3ICH

Granted, there’s nothing “new” in the Caddy book, but the advantage is that it’s like the “cliff-notes” of the operating manual.

The small size, coated paper and bindings allow it to take a lot more abuse in the field than the full sized Elecraft manual.

However, for way under 60 bucks, I think I can make my own mini-manual if I need it.

73, Charlie k3ICH

This might be heresy, but I didn't find anything in the book worth paying for.  Just about any of us should have the rigs mastered in the first month and should be able to write the book.  I feel very let down for the low low price of $60 shipped, give or take.

-Bob

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM Earl <n5zm@...> wrote:
I am in the market for the Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book if anyone has one excess
to their needs.

I have a Cady K3 hard copy book that is excess to my needs.

Earl N5ZM..

PS. Sure do miss Fred

Clay Autery

I wasn't dinging you specifically, Chris.  My apologies if you took it that way.  I simply saw your post/response and decided to step in and correct that bit of disinformation being passed around.

Have a nice day!  (And BTW, I find the Elecraft documentation to be well-suited for its purpose as well. I was a "new" operator and 1st time Elecraft Customer "back then", so I chose to educated myself from multiple approaches.  That said, there IS information in the Cady Books that is not in the Elecraft manuals, or not covered in detail sufficiently.  As I said, to this day, I still find new to me/useful information in Fred's pubs every time I read them.)

______________________
Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389
On 05/28/20 10:35, Christopher Scibelli via groups.io wrote:

[...]

I wasn't offended but you quoted me so I replied.  What is disinformation?  The $60 price tag looks to be accurate.

73,

Chris  NU1O

This might be heresy, but I didn't find anything in the book worth paying for.  Just about any of us should have the rigs mastered in the first month and should be able to write the book.  I feel very let down for the low low price of $60 shipped, give or take.

-Bob

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM Earl <n5zm@...> wrote:
I am in the market for the Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book if anyone has one excess
to their needs.

I have a Cady K3 hard copy book that is excess to my needs.

Earl N5ZM..

PS. Sure do miss Fred

Mel Marcus

here is the download for $20.00

you can probably print it for $10

I would suggest on heavy paper and expecially the p3 section in color

Mel
NE9A

This might be heresy, but I didn't find anything in the book worth paying for.  Just about any of us should have the rigs mastered in the first month and should be able to write the book.  I feel very let down for the low low price of $60 shipped, give or take.

-Bob

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM Earl <n5zm@...> wrote:
I am in the market for the Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book if anyone has one excess
to their needs.

I have a Cady K3 hard copy book that is excess to my needs.

Earl N5ZM..

PS. Sure do miss Fred

redarlington

http://www.ke7x.com/the-elecraft-k3s-book/order-k3s-books

It says it right there.  Book available only through Elecraft.  I don't have any interest in having a PDF printed and bound.  If you guys do, then by all means knock yourselves out.  I find reference material in electronic format to be really annoying until it comes to searching.  A comprehensive index in a book and we break even.

88's  this time,
-Bob

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 1:01 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
so the smart person would download it and have it properly printed , therefore paying about 1/3 of that ridiculous price.

Mel

This might be heresy, but I didn't find anything in the book worth paying for.  Just about any of us should have the rigs mastered in the first month and should be able to write the book.  I feel very let down for the low low price of $60 shipped, give or take.

-Bob

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM Earl <n5zm@...> wrote:
I am in the market for the Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book if anyone has one excess
to their needs.

I have a Cady K3 hard copy book that is excess to my needs.

Earl N5ZM..

PS. Sure do miss Fred

Ed Pflueger

Ya the book is only a couple of hundred pages printed on both sides.  Shouldn’t cost over$150 bucks to get it printed.  LOL

Ed.. AB4IQ