Topics

Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers: Now available at a Bargain Price

Reg AA5GI

I use Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers.  They were $199.00 for quite some time.  I no longer see them on the Bose website but they are available new on Amazon for $99.00.  Quite a bargain at this price point.

I have them on my K3S, IC-7610 & FLEX-6700 (in addition to headsets).

Reg AA5GI

Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:18 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] speakers

If you are not on a budget, I can recommend the Elecraft SP3. Very good sound quality and a perfect match to the K3. I utilize two of them in order to take advantage of the K3's AFX feature. Elecraft's price point is comparable to YAECOMWOOD external speakers.

73, Ken N4KS

dalej

I have simular speakers not by Bose but by another mfg and they are amplified, one set has a 40 watt amp and the other a 20 watt amp, they are in the same price range.  I used them on Icom radios and tried them on my K3 and K3s but found them to be too muddy sounding and overly bass response.  Plus more sensitive to RF.  I still use them on one of my computers and they work fine.  

Dale, K9VUJ

VE9AA - Mike

Just got a pair for Xmas.  For my house computer.  I like the sound of them.  I do find them full (slightly bassy)
I will never put them on a rig. (I use headphones 99% of the time in the shack) but for AM/FM or SSB I bet they'd be fine.
Mike VE9AA