From: john ni0k
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 6:14 AM
To: Elecraft K3 Group
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] Antenna path problem

So... looking for a little help here. My K3 has worked perfectly since I built it around 2012. I installed a subreceiver about a week ago and everything worked great. Several days of use later I had reports of distorted transmit audio and then I noticed there were no receive signals and when I transmit the display shows high SWR. Obviously there isn't an antenna connected.

I connected a dummy load to ANT 1 and ANT 2 (have tuner) and selected the proper output from the front panel and every time the radio showed high SWR.

I took the top cover off and inspected the wiring but could not find any problem. Toggling the ANT button produces an audible click. I retested the radio and it worked fine so I replaced the cover and retested it and the problem has been returned.

Any suggestions?

-de John NI0K in rural Debs, MN USA
https://www.qrz.com/db/NI0K

john ni0k

Turned out that I had forgotten to replace the screw holding the LPF board. No ground=none of the filter select relays work.

DOH!

Ray Maxfield wrote on 2/17/2021 6:59 PM:

I would look for loose Antenna Connections ..   Wa6vab  Ray