Topics

Alternative for K3 TCXO?

Geert Jan de Groot

I see that the K3 TCXO is now also unavailable. Does anyone have experience with some of the alternative offerings as listed on Ebay?

As to the KAT3A tuner that was discussed earlier here, order status now lists it as "backordered 3/5/20"

Michael Harris <mike.harris@...>

I queried a good while ago who the manufacturer of the TCXO was and Elecraft wouldn't say. Maybe if they are no longer stocking the item they might loosen up.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 17/01/2020 20:14, Geert Jan de Groot wrote:
I see that the K3 TCXO is now also unavailable. Does anyone have experience with some of the alternative offerings as listed on Ebay?
As to the KAT3A tuner that was discussed earlier here, order status now lists it as "backordered 3/5/20"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Peter Hardy <peter@...>

I bought a 'cheap' 1 ppm TCXO from a Chinese site on E bay.  It worked OK as far as I was concerned.

73,

Peter G3VNH

Michael Foerster

I built my own using a thermistor and a transistor/resistor to heat up the crystal can, insulated with foam.  Set it for about 105 F.  Works fine.

Mike

ke9uw

Larry

That looks pretty nice.  Have you had any feedback from anyone trying these out?

What applications were they using these with?

Would they be usable as a replacement for a defunct Xtal oscillator in a receiver?

Larry

W0OGH