Topics

About digital and FT8 was K3S to be discontinued

Martin Sole

Hi,

Forgot to add the third FT8 application is WSJT-Z so you have options:

WSJT-X v2.1.0
JTDX v2.1.0 rc141
WSJT-Z
-2.1.0-mod-0.15-win32.exe

Happy clicking!

Martin, HS0ZED

On 29/10/2019 11:36, Martin Sole via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

JTDX is a fork of WSJT-X and adds a few other features including a bit more automation I think though I haven't really tried it much as yet.

I wrote a macro to add some automation to WSJT-X as I found the whole FT8 process tedious. I've since essentially given up on such modes altogether although I do still enjoy RTTY. I think there is a detachment in much of the digital stuff that just leaves me cold. I find it much more engaging to fight with the noise, the pile ups and other things to extract the smallest vestiges of humanly decodable signal. That gets a fist pump when it happens.

Across 20 this morning not a single CW or SSB signal. Not surprising you might say at 11 degrees north yet 3 discrete frequencies have pretty much constant FT8. I guess no one is interested in the radio any more.

Martin, HS0ZED

On 29/10/2019 08:57, Mel Marcus wrote:
The is no FT in fldgi.  you will have to download wsjt-x. in there you will find ft4 and 8.

Mel
NE9A