From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> on behalf of James Sawle (MD0MDI) via groups.io <james@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2022 17:02
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] How Long should it take to update CW Memories?

Hi,

I am trying to use the Elecraft K3 Utility to make a few changes.

I managed to get the Banner to save, but when trying to set the CW Memories, it seems to take a long time, I have left it now 30 minutes which I presume that this is wrong, but I cannot cancel the software either, may leave running over night, but surely this is wrong?

James

Cheers for that, I need to do some investigations to see what's up.

First time I ever used the utility since getting the K3 so was just curious.

James
MD0MDI
www.md0mdi.im

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Edited

Update should be almost instant.   How is the computer communicating with the radio?  If using a USB to RS232 cable, it has been shown that some are not reliable. You might try a different USB to RS-232 unit that uses a different chipset.