Chuck ke9uw

On further thinking, maybe the difference is the low freq sensitivity fix and the KRX3A just has an additional capacitor on the main board.

Joe Subich, W4TV

One can always download the respective K3 and K3S schematic
packages and compare the two. IIRC, the KRX3A may have an
additional preamp.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-09-13 10:53 AM, Chuck ke9uw wrote:
On further thinking, maybe the difference is the low freq sensitivity fix and the KRX3A just has an additional capacitor on the main board.

WE6R

They are interchangeable. The difference I think is minor, one of the chips had to be changed due to availability. Yes on the 9V capacitor/filter.
Beware! I have had many folks send in their radio along with a KRX3 to be installed but it was -missing- all the important pieces.
IE; The Aux DSP board, the Sub IN and OUT boards, KSYN3-(must be A or Not, to match main), the AUX antenna piece, etc.
Keith WE6R Elecraft K3/K4 Tech.