ERR KP1

w3qt_mike

Just developed an issue this past weekend during the CW contest.  I now get an ERR KP1 message on 20-10 meters.  I bought the K-Pod less than 2 months ago, and this is the first I've noticed this issue.  Firmware for both the K3s and K-Pod are the most recent versions.  Does anyone have any history with this error or suggestions how to deal with it?  Thanks.

73,
Mike, W3QT

w3qt_mike

Problem solved.  Simple solution often the best.  A Mix 43 toroid on the lead to the K3s and and the p.s. seems to have alleviated the problem.

73,
Mike, W3QT

Dennis Moore

Are you using a data cable other than the one supplied with the K-Pod? I ran into issues when I tried to use a longer generic cable. Keyed the mike and watched the frequency drift while I was speaking. Made for a fun contest until I figured it out.

73, Dennis NJ6G

On 2/24/2021 11:56, w3qt_mike wrote:
Problem solved.  Simple solution often the best.  A Mix 43 toroid on the lead to the K3s and and the p.s. seems to have alleviated the problem.

73,
Mike, W3QT

w3qt_mike

Good suggestion, Dennis.  It is the cable that came with the K-Pod.

73,
Mike, W3QT