Any news on the K3 2 meter transverter?

LARRY WOLFGANG

It seems like several months ago Elecraft sent a note about some add-ons that were no longer available, including the 2 meter transverter. I am at the point whre I would really like to add 2 m to my K3, and was hoping to hear some news about that. They don't seem to be available on the web site yet.

Thanks to anyone who has any updates.

73, Larry, WR1B

Brian K0DTJ

Did you sign up on the interest list on the Elecraft website?  They’ve said if they get enough interest in a K3 board to warrant a production run, they’ll do it. So far I’m not aware of any feedback from Elecraft on this. GL

de K0DTJ

On Feb 22, 2021, at 07:38, LARRY WOLFGANG <larrywolfgang@...> wrote:

It seems like several months ago Elecraft sent a note about some add-ons that were no longer available, including the 2 meter transverter. I am at the point whre I would really like to add 2 m to my K3, and was hoping to hear some news about that. They don't seem to be available on the web site yet.

Thanks to anyone who has any updates.

73, Larry, WR1B

LARRY WOLFGANG

Yes, I did sign in with Elecraft to share my interest. Thanks for the tip about the DownEast Microwave transverter. 

73, Larry, WR1B

William Sirvatka

I have both a 2 m and 440 transverter from Elecraft that I don't need and haven't used.  Does anyone know a rough price for these?

Mel Marcus

William

I might be interested in the  2m transverter once you have established a price

Mel Marcus
melm@...

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> on behalf of William Sirvatka via groups.io <billys95404@...>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 10:08 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Any news on the K3 2 meter transverter?

I have both a 2 m and 440 transverter from Elecraft that I don't need and haven't used.  Does anyone know a rough price for these?

Paul G4KZY

Hi William,

Where are you based?

The going rate for a 50MHz or 144MHz here in the UK is maybe £100 to £150, so perhaps £130 to $200.  I bought a pair of them for £210 on ebay recently - the 50Mhz one was good and the 144Mhz one had a blown GasFet in the receive front end but was otherwise OK.  The GasFets are not available any more so it required some surgery but is now working well - probably better than the original design,.

I would be interested in your 70cm transverter if the shipping costs are not unrealistic.

Paul
G4KZY