Proud new owner of a K3S!

Mike Kopacki

Folks, my K3S arrived yesterday and I am excited and happy to be a part of the K3 family!  Working 3 state QSO parties this weekend to get my feet wet.  I look forward to utilizing the forum and learning from all of you!

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Do take time to read the manual, cover to cover, 2 or 3 times.   And download the K3 Utility and back up the present configuration.   That way you will have a way to get back to a starting point.

 (Now why would one ever need that?  I did! Several times.).

On Feb 7, 2021, at 4:52 AM, Mike Kopacki <mikekopacki@...> wrote:

Folks, my K3S arrived yesterday and I am excited and happy to be a part of the K3 family!  Working 3 state QSO parties this weekend to get my feet wet.  I look forward to utilizing the forum and learning from all of you!

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

Mike Flowers

And, after backing up your configurations, copy them to a network drive, cloud storage or a USB Flash drive so that you’ve protected these files from a hard drive crash.

Do take time to read the manual, cover to cover, 2 or 3 times.   And download the K3 Utility and back up the present configuration.   That way you will have a way to get back to a starting point.

 (Now why would one ever need that?  I did! Several times.).

On Feb 7, 2021, at 4:52 AM, Mike Kopacki <mikekopacki@...> wrote:

Folks, my K3S arrived yesterday and I am excited and happy to be a part of the K3 family!  Working 3 state QSO parties this weekend to get my feet wet.  I look forward to utilizing the forum and learning from all of you!

Thanks,
Mike NJ2OM

Mike Kopacki

I read through a lot of the manual a couple times before the radio arrived.  Last night I downloaded the Cady eBook.  This morning I saved the configuration.

My biggest problem so far?  I go into either menu, and my first inclination is to rotate VFO A to go to a different item.  And then, of course, I have to remember what the setting was that I just changed!  I've done that a number of times!

Worked the VT, MN and BC QSO parties this weekend.  Not a lot of contacts but it helped to learn a lot.

Mike NJ2OM

IU1CYF

Hi Mike, I'm glad you are part of the "elecrafter" family too.
I am sure you will have a lot of satisfaction with this radio!
Greetings from Italy.

73 de
Paolo
IU1CYF