Subject: [Elecraft-K3] Sub-RX: No RX on 160, 80, 17, 12, 10m
From: "DL1AKP OM Andy" <DL1AKP@...>
Date: Wed, November 25, 2020 12:39 am
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

Hello folks,

I just found out, the sub-RX isnt working on the bands mentioned above. There is only noise. No signal at all, no matter how strong it is.
Rest of bands are working correctly.

Any idea whta the problem could be? To get a starting point...

73
Andy

gt0hof@...

Sounds like a fliter problem. Has you set the sub rx filters correctly?

Ken G0HOF

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020, 06:42 Mel Marcus, <melm@...> wrote:
have those bands been turned off?

Mel
NE9A
I just found out, the sub-RX isnt working on the bands mentioned above. There is only noise. No signal at all, no matter how strong it is.
Rest of bands are working correctly.

Any idea whta the problem could be? To get a starting point...

73
Andy

DL1AKP OM Andy

No, I didn't turn anything off...

And the filters should work too. Can change by themselves?
The sub-RX was working before, I found the issue few days ago while trying work split.

73, Andy

Paul Matthews

Hi Andy,

I just checked my K3 with sub on 160m and there was no receive; only noise.
I used the B Set (with sub on) and changed the antenna setting to main. Now both receivers are working.
This may be a "per band" setting.
I hope this helps.
73 Paul

Ken Barnett <gt0hof@...>

Hi Andy, just read Pauls reply, he may be on to something, the filters also have to be set per band. I’m not saying you have turned the filters off, but sometimes a lost of battery backup power may cause a reset, as it did to me earlier this year on my K3s. Hope it’s a simple fix. Good luck.

Ken G0HOF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

DL1AKP OM Andy

Thanks a lot for your help, I will give it a try in the evening after work is finished.
I let you know what I found out.

73, Andy

Rick NK7I

Did you switch antennas, RX or other?

Rick NK7I

On 11/25/2020 1:32 AM, DL1AKP OM Andy wrote:
No, I didn't turn anything off...

And the filters should work too. Can change by themselves?
The sub-RX was working before, I found the issue few days ago while trying work split.

73, Andy

DL1AKP OM Andy

Yeah - it's working again!

Thanks Paul, the BSET was the key to success. I have no idea how this was engaged.
I never used that feature. The only way could be accidentally hold the A/B button instead of just pushing it. The A/B button I use regularly.

Thank you very much all of you for replying to my question and the offered help! Really great!

73 de Andy, DL1AKP