Topics

Elecraft K3S - DVR problems

OZ0J Joe

Hi

I have an Elecraft K3S with the KVDR3 installed. I used it a lot during the SAC SSB Contest this weekend.

When running the DVR in repeat the DVR decided to send empty CQ (TX on but no sound) from time to time or from one CQ to the next in repeat function decide not to work at all.

I turned off the K3S and turned it on again more than once during the weekend to get the DVR working.

Has anyone a clue how to fix the DVR?

73 Joe, OZ0J

https://english.oz0j.dk

Colin Smithers

I once had the same problem. UK support suggested checking proper seating of all Inter-board connectors. Until my next serious contest with it I’m not sure if it is fixed yet. Keep you posted.

73, Colin G4CWH

On 12 Oct 2020, at 04:22, OZ0J Joe via groups.io <contest@...> wrote:

Hi

I have an Elecraft K3S with the KVDR3 installed. I used it a lot during the SAC SSB Contest this weekend.

When running the DVR in repeat the DVR decided to send empty CQ (TX on but no sound) from time to time or from one CQ to the next in repeat function decide not to work at all.

I turned off the K3S and turned it on again more than once during the weekend to get the DVR working.

Has anyone a clue how to fix the DVR?

73 Joe, OZ0J

https://english.oz0j.dk

Keith_WE6R

Hi Joe, what DVR Firmware do you have? Turn on radio, config menu "FW REVS", rotate VFO A all the way clockwise.
Keith WE6R Elecraft K3 Tech

OZ0J Joe

Hi Keith

V 05.67. It seems to be the latest according to your homepage.

Joe, OZ0J