Topics

S-Box integration into my station - complete success!

John Canfield

My station has gotten considerably more complex over the last few months and I was getting frustrated how to interconnect my K3s, P3, a SteppIR SDA 2000 controller (with key line interrupt), the KPA1500 and a Kenwood TS-590S (and the PC.)

I started communicating with Bob (N6TV) and gave him a list of my requirements and a short while later Bob sent me a very detailed diagram in color showing everything interconnected and even listed a macro for the KPA1500 to switch from the K3 to the TS-590 using the PF keys and menu settings for the various boxes. A bit later Bob revised the connectivity and that's what I used when adding in the box to my station.

Not wanting to chase around for all of the various cables I wanted to source everything from Bob and have him option the S-Box. Everything was packed well and every cable end had protective bubble wrap -and- every cable end was marked with a label. This was really plug and play and it works! I haven't tested the TS-590S but that should be fine, I wanted to be sure we were all okay with the K3s, etc. before I tried the Kenwood.

I knew Bob has gotten good reviews but you can believe those reports. (This is a completely spontaneous review, he doesn't know I was going to make a post here.)

John WB5THT

Jim Denneny

I agree.  I have both Y and S boxes for my K-Line. Bob N6TV was a BIG help during design and installation. .

73, Jim K7EG

Clay Autery

Roger that!  I've conversed with Bob on several occasions, and when I FINALLY get my station components as I intend them, I am FOR SURE going to ask him to work me up a dedicated box design to accommodate my shack.
ALL the other benefits aside... it REALLY cleans up the cabling mess behind the components.

I'm a cable nut....  I build my own for everything I can, so they will be as high a quality and custom fit to the application.  I really dig this product.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389
On 02/05/20 07:46, John Canfield wrote:

[...]

David Perry

Here is another endorsement for both Y and S boxes used at N4QS!  Great support as well!

73,

Dave, N4QS