6 meter SWR readings

Bill Gillenwater

I am running into a higher SWR when on 6 meters.

On the HF bands the SWR readings are accurate, ie; 10,15,20 tribander readings all match the analyzer tests, 1-1 etc.

On 6 meters the analyzer shows 1.2 to 1 but when fed to the K-3 I get a 3.5-1 etc.

Am I missing something?

Also, can I use the internal tuner on 6 meters?

Thanks,

73 Bill

Carter, Michael

Bill,

I would use a known good 50 ohm dummy load
and test the K3's SWR readings on all bands.  Be sure
to set the internal ATU to 'bypass' mode to
obtain accurate readings.

I would run a check on the external SWR
analyzer with known loads NOT equal to
50 ohms - say a 200 ohm load and a 25 ohm
load - to be sure that it provides accurate
indications away from low SWR values.

The internal ATU (KAT3) works fine on 6 meters.

73,
Mike, K8CN