6 kHz filter for K3

Steve Masticola

I've found that I like to do a little SWLing on AM, but the 2.1 kHz filter cuts off too much. Does anyone know where to get a 6 kHz filter for the K3? Per the manual, they must exist. I've looked all the usual places and come up empty.

73, -Steve WX2S

David Erickson - AB0R

On 7/31/2022 8:09 AM, Steve Masticola wrote:
I've found that I like to do a little SWLing on AM, but the 2.1 kHz filter cuts off too much. Does anyone know where to get a 6 kHz filter for the K3? Per the manual, they must exist. I've looked all the usual places and come up empty.
73, -Steve WX2S
Steve,

Quite a few filters are still available for the K3 from Innrad:

http://www.inrad.net/home.php?cat=140

I bought all of mine from them.

--
Dave Erickson
AB0R

Steve Masticola

Edited

Dave, thanks. I would up buying an FM filter on eBay from N7YV. That should also give me  FM capability if I ever want it. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

73, -Steve WX2S

Jim N7US

I bought the 13 kHz filter with my original K3 in 2009, and it's now in my K3S.  I don't use it now but it works fine for AM.

Jim N7US