Topics

K3 Not Returning To Last Freq On Band Change

Bud Governale

My K3 returns to the bottom of each band when changing bands.
It always returned to the frequency it was on when changing bands.
I want it to come cack to the last frequency it was on when changing bands.

What did I do to cause this?

73,

Bud W3LL
W3LL@...

bill steffey NY9H

are you turning off the radio with the radio's power button ??????

On 1/4/2020 7:55 AM, Bud Governale wrote:
My K3 returns to the bottom of each band when changing bands.
It always returned to the frequency it was on when changing bands.
I want it to come cack to the last frequency it was on when changing bands.

What did I do to cause this?

73,

Bud W3LL
W3LL@...

Ware Master

Is the time accurate on the radio when it powers up? There is a CR 2032 button cell battery in the rig. It may be weak or dead.

On Jan 4, 2020 7:55 AM, Bud Governale <w3ll@...> wrote:
My K3 returns to the bottom of each band when changing bands.
It always returned to the frequency it was on when changing bands.
I want it to come cack to the last frequency it was on when changing bands.

What did I do to cause this?

73,

Bud W3LL
W3LL@...

ve3ki

Is your radio being controlled by a logging or radio control program? If so, that program may be overriding the normal behaviour when you change bands.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 07:55 AM, Bud Governale wrote:
My K3 returns to the bottom of each band when changing bands.
It always returned to the frequency it was on when changing bands.
I want it to come cack to the last frequency it was on when changing bands.

What did I do to cause this?

73,

Bud W3LL
W3LL@...

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Did anyone ever determine why this was taking place and what was done to remedy the issue?   I don't recall seeing anything posted.

On 1/4/2020 6:55 AM, Bud Governale wrote:
My K3 returns to the bottom of each band when changing bands.
It always returned to the frequency it was on when changing bands.
I want it to come cack to the last frequency it was on when changing bands.

What did I do to cause this?

73,

Bud W3LL
W3LL@...

ve3ki

It was caused by the logging software (N1MM+) - a bug in the way the program's band change buttons work in digital modes vs. the way they work in CW/SSB/RTTY.

73,
Rich VE3KI