Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Intermitent xmit pulse output
From: "Bill Mader" <billamader@...>
Date: Tue, November 19, 2019 4:34 pm
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

Regarding logging programs, I have frequently seen the rate meter on N1MM+ rise above 200 QSO's/hour.  Try doing that with paper and pen and still avoid duplicates!

Daily loggers like DXLab Suite make tracking awards simple.  Additionally, the many features make it very powerful and useful.

Unless you're operating FD and saying "Please Copy", the time has passed for paper and pen to have any value except as a back-up for a Windows-caused re-boot.  Like the radios tied to the loggers, users need to RTFM and practice.  I would be without an electronic logger as much as I would give up my solder station--not in this lifetime!

73, Bill Mader, K8TE
W6H NM Coordinator, Route 66 On-the-Air 4-13 Sep 2020
ARRL New Mexico Section Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
Duke City Hamfest BoD Vice-Chairman www.dukecityhamfest.org 18-20 Sep 2020
Secretary and Past President, Albuquerque DX Association

--
73, Bill Mader, K8TE
K-Line, KX3, KX1, K2
W6H NM Coordinator, Route 66 On-the-Air 4-13 Sep 2020
ARRL New Mexico Section Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
Duke City Hamfest BoD Vice-Chairman www.dukecityhamfest.org 18-20 Sep 2020
Secretary and Past President, Albuquerque DX Association

Rick NK7I

Page 68 of the K3 manual:

No response from the BPF3 option shift registers

*De-INSTALL the KBPF3 on the RF board

* See the instructions on the previous page.

Rick NK7I

On 11/20/2019 7:54 AM, Mel Marcus wrote:
when i turn on k3 i get err bp2.  is there a list of error codes.  what does it mean and how can I clear error

Mel
NE9A

Doug, VE3MV

GM Mell:

There is a list of the Error Codes in the K3 Owner’s manual (page 68 in the Rev D8 dated 12 Apr/10 - the most recent that I have printed).  It indicates that ERR BP2  Problem is “No response from KBPF3 option shift registers) and the Troubleshooting steps are “De-Install KBPF3 on RF board and an * indicates to See the module de-installation instructions on the previous page.

Hope that helps

73,  Doug  VE3MV

On 2019-Nov-20, at 10:54 AM, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

ERR BP2 = No response from KBPF3A option shift registers.  Solution = De-install KBVP3A on RF Board

From the Error Message List, page 74 of the manual.

On 11/20/2019 9:54 AM, Mel Marcus wrote:
[...]

Mel Marcus

Bob

Thanks for your help. The error was not what I thought it was.  There is no general receiver in my unit and the config somehow had it installed. No wonder why it thought it had an error.

Mel