Topics

KPA-Sonics Round 2

wb6bee

I think that option is still there in the Menu.   The latest firmware has the higher temp set points, versus the earlier firmware with the lower points.  You can also set minimum fan speed in the Menu, for example level one or level two, all the time as a minimum.

Don
WB6BEE

Roger N1RJ

What happened to the ability to select from 2 fan/temperature
programs?

73, Roger

wb6bee

1. Thought I would start a new thread, since the first posts in the last one are entering the ice age.

2.  Both Elecraft and K8UT offer remote control programs.   The Elecraft works on USB and Ethernet/Web.   The K8UT works only on Ethernet.   Both provide some fan control functions, the K8UT program being more operator driven relative to fan control functions.   If you can remote, the fan noise is not a issue.   If you cannot remote, the use of these control programs does allow the operator to set minimum fan speeds so they amp takes a bit longer to heat up to level 3.   The elecraft program gives an option of three different monitor screen displays.  The larger one has all the information on the amp in a window on your monitor.   Click tuning.

https://elecraft.com/pages/kpa1500-kpa500-kat500-remote-software

https://hamprojects.info/fanticipator-kpa1500-console-and-fan-controller/

3.  I sent a couple of suggestions to Elecraft support, but only got the Thank You response

Don
WB6BEE