KPOD question

N4KS Ken Stuber

Does anybody know if the KPOD can be programmed to duplicate the M1-M4 message functions of the K3? I would like to be able to bring the CW and SSB message functions to the desktop. For example, pressing F1 through F4 on the KPOD would do the same thing as pressing M1-M4 on the K3. Setting up the message memories would continue to be done via the K3.

73, Ken N4KS

Jim N7US

Sure.  I have macros for M1 and M2 below:

I have a little Excel sheet with a list of them so I can print it and refer to it.

Jim N7US

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of N4KS Ken Stuber via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2019 06:38
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] KPOD question

Does anybody know if the KPOD can be programmed to duplicate the M1-M4 message functions of the K3? I would like to be able to bring the CW and SSB message functions to the desktop. For example, pressing F1 through F4 on the KPOD would do the same thing as pressing M1-M4 on the K3. Setting up the message memories would continue to be done via the K3.

73, Ken N4KS

_._,_._,_

Jim N7US

The images weren’t conveyed from the reflector.

The programmer’s reference manual has a list of the commands.  M1 is SWT21; and M2 is SWT31; for example.

Jim N7US

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim N7US
Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2019 08:39
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] KPOD question

Sure.  I have macros for M1 and M2 below:

I have a little Excel sheet with a list of them so I can print it and refer to it.

Jim N7US

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of N4KS Ken Stuber via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 5, 2019 06:38
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] KPOD question

73, Ken N4KS

_._,_._,_

N4KS Ken Stuber

Thanks Jim! I received it loud and clear via email. Exactly what I was looking for. 

73, Ken N4KS

Wes Stewart

Sure, I do it.  It turns out though that I seldom use them because there is a touch of latency that annoys me.

Wes  N7WS

N4KS Ken Stuber

Wes,

Thanks for your input. I would find the latency annoying too (and a show stopper).

73, Ken N4KS

Wes Stewart

Ken,

It's really minor but I'm keenly aware of it.  When I first tried the KPOD I often had cases where a button press would elicit a beep without a corresponding action from the K3S.  I complained to Wayne and he couldn't duplicate the issue.  So I did what I had to do on another occasion to convince Elecraft I know what I'm talking about, I recorded a little video.  On the second push; beep with no action.  New firmware for the K3S fixed it.

Wes