Topics

No power out on data A mode after firmware upgrade

Bob Brodovsky K6UDA

I've got a problem that just sprang up after I did the latest firmware upgrade. I've been running WSJTX to do FT8 for some time. This morning I turned it on and went to transmit and there's no power output. Transmit light is on, P3 is reporting 0.0 watts out, nothing on the KPA500. I tried resetting the radio, confirming mic input to line. I tried it on FLdigi with the same result. WSJTX works fine on USB with the computer speaker used for modulation but as soon as I use the USB codec theres no power out. SSB, AM and CW work normally. Any suggestions? Bob K6UDA

KE1F Lou

Do you have "DATA MD" on K3 in "DATA A" position?

73 Lou  KE1F

On 2/3/2019 1:28 PM, Bob Brodovsky wrote:
I've got a problem that just sprang up after I did the latest firmware upgrade. I've been running WSJTX to do FT8 for some time. This morning I turned it on and went to transmit and there's no power output. Transmit light is on, P3 is reporting 0.0 watts out, nothing on the KPA500. I tried resetting the radio, confirming mic input to line. I tried it on FLdigi with the same result. WSJTX works fine on USB with the computer speaker used for modulation but as soon as I use the USB codec theres no power out. SSB, AM and CW work normally. Any suggestions? Bob K6UDA

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

By chance did the update set the Line Gain to 0..... or the PWR to 0?  Also check to see that the RS-232 in the CONFIG menu is set to USB.   DATA A is the correct mode.

K3S s/n 10163

Bob Elliot K1RI

Using the  K3 Utility RF Gain Calibration works for me.

Bob Brodovsky K6UDA

Yes it is. in the data A position.

Bob Brodovsky K6UDA

Thank you. The line gain was reset to 1. I'm back up now. Thanks a bunch. -K6UDA