Topics

K3 not operating properly

Bill Ellis - WB9CAC

On receive, I hear no signals. Antenna is connected.

On transmit, when I key the transmitter, the s-meter goes up two bars. When I hold the key down, I get one bar in the middle of the display.

Thanks for any help

73's

Bill Ellis, WB9CAC

Bill Ellis - WB9CAC

On receive, all I hear is noise, no signals. Antenna is connected. On  transmit when I key the transmitter, the s-meter goes up only two bars. If I bold the key down, I get one bar in the middle of the display.

Any help is appreciated.

73

Bill Ellis, WB9CAC

Mal

Check to see if you didn’t accidently change the antenna on the front panel.

On receive, I hear no signals. Antenna is connected.

On transmit, when I key the transmitter, the s-meter goes up two bars. When I hold the key down, I get one bar in the middle of the display.

Thanks for any help

73's

Bill Ellis, WB9CAC

Bill Ellis - WB9CAC

It is on ant #1 as well as the ant being in the # 1 position.

On Aug 25, 2018, at 6:38 PM, Mal <malco@...> wrote:

Check to see if you didn’t accidently change the antenna on the front panel.

On receive, I hear no signals. Antenna is connected.

On transmit, when I key the transmitter, the s-meter goes up two bars. When I hold the key down, I get one bar in the middle of the display.

Thanks for any help

73's

Bill Ellis, WB9CAC

Anthony Luscre

make sure RX Ant is not enabled

--
Anthony Luscre

K8ZT
Assistant Ohio Section Manager for Education Outreach
ARRL - The National Association For Amateur Radio™

a@... (best for Education & Technology)
k8zt@... (best for Amateur Radio)

The Web Resource Hoarder- www.ZTLearn.com
Web Resource Hoarder Blog

K8ZT Radio Website- www.k8zt.com
My Radio Blog- k8zt.blogspot.com

Bob Wilson, N6TV

Do you have the SubRx (KRX3) installed?  It's easy for the SubRx to pop out of the connector near the left rear of the K3.  Take off the top cover and try to reseat it. If the SubRx gets dislodged from that interface board (which can easily happen when a K3 is transported as luggage), the K3 can show symptoms like what you are seeing.

73,
Bob, N6TV