small problem in 6M

Jose Garcia

Hi All.
I have a little problem in my k3 that only happens in the 6M band.
I have two filters, F1 2.7 and F2 500.
When passing from F2 to F1 the K3 goes deaf.
It's not a serious problem because I usually always work with the F2 filter, but I'm worried about this happening.
I repeat, it only happens in the 6M band, the rest of the bands are ok.

73 EA7BJ Jose.

Joe Pugliano - AJ3O

With the filters you have, as long as you are not in AM or FM modes it should work.
CW, SSB, Digital should be working

If you ARE trying to use AM or FM, you need at a minimum the 13 Khz filter installed.
Per Elecraft's site:

AM - 6 Khz or 13 Khz filters may be installed
FM - 13 Khz must be installed

Joe / AJ3O

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 11:48:38 PM EDT, Jose Garcia <ea7bj@...> wrote:

Hi All.
I have a little problem in my k3 that only happens in the 6M band.
I have two filters, F1 2.7 and F2 500.
When passing from F2 to F1 the K3 goes deaf.
It's not a serious problem because I usually always work with the F2 filter, but I'm worried about this happening.
I repeat, it only happens in the 6M band, the rest of the bands are ok.

73 EA7BJ Jose.

Jose Garcia

Hi Joe, thanks for answering, I only work in cw ....
The problem only in the 6M band, in other bands this problem does not exist.
I upload a video where you can see the problem better, see how the background noise disappears
when moving from filter 1 to 2, at this time there are no stations in the band.

https://youtu.be/hQNVkdmNuWU

Jose EA7BJ

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Check the FLx ON setting.  See page 59 in the manual.   Used to specify which filters are available during receive.

K3S s/n 10163

Jose Garcia

Edited

Hi Bob, yes, I've been looking at those parameters but the problem continues.
Now I have uploaded a video where the reception difference between filter 1 and 2 is better appreciated.
With the F2 I receive S9 a beacon and with the F1 the signal drops to S5, 24db less.
I have not modified the gain of any filter.
It only happens in the 6M band. the others bands are fine.

Here the link for the video
https://youtu.be/HdTgXTpIjRE

Here is a link to see the filter settings https://ibb.co/jcphOc

EA7BJ Jose.

1king26@...

Jose; You need to put in the offset for your 2.7 filter!!  Should be something like -.84  It should be on the sticker on the inside of the top cover.
Keith WE6R

Jose Garcia

Keith..thanks .. problem solved.

73 All.