[Elecraft_K3] Rumors

w7aqk

Not that I know of, but you may have started one!!!!  Hi.

Dave W7AQK

Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:51 PM
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Subject: [Elecraft_K3] Rumors

Any rumors about a new Elecraft Radio?

john_n1jm@...

Good then I will go buy a new K3s.

73, John N1JM

harry latterman <harrylatterman@...>

John,

It is a safe bet that Wayne, Eric and all the wonderful people in the backroom of Elecraft are working on something new and wonderful.... That said with was less then 50 people working for the whole company and hundreds of K3S, P3, KPA500, KAT500, KX2, KX3, PX3, KXPA100, and all the other goodies going out each month, it will be a few years until the next generation is done... Besides, once they do have something the test and re-test the design and refine it, and that takes time also.

I have two used K3's, as well as K-Line and a KX2, KX3 and PX3, that these radio will not be outdated and will do more then you will ever expect... The best part is, once you buy the radio, you get a customer service department that really cares and will do pretty much whatever it takes to keep you happy.... So get the K3S and when you can get the P3...

Have fun

73 Harry  K7ZOV

Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] Rumors

73, John N1JM

Not.

Yet, as ever, your humble engineering team persists with monk-like devotion in keeping your existing Elecraft radios updated.

Wayne
N6KR

Reg AA5GI

Wayne:

Cute, without disclosing anything.  We await the K4 SDR.

J

Reg K3s owner

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 10:51 PM

>
> Any rumors about a new Elecraft Radio?
>

Not.

Yet, as ever, your humble engineering team persists with monk-like devotion in keeping your existing Elecraft radios updated.

Wayne
N6KR

* On 2017 02 Feb 22:51 -0600, Wayne Burdick n6kr@elecraft.com [Elecraft_K3] wrote:

Not.

Yet, as ever, your humble engineering team persists with monk-like
devotion in keeping your existing Elecraft radios updated.
Does this mean the K3 auto notch width can be narrowed to match that of
the manual notch? I rarely if ever use the auto notch preferring the
manual notch instead.

73, Nate, N0NB

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true."

Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: http://www.n0nb.us

Ed Pflueger

I have two K3S’s and just waiting for the KPA1500.

Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:40 PM

John,

It is a safe bet that Wayne, Eric and all the wonderful people in the backroom of Elecraft are working on something new and wonderful.... That said with was less then 50 people working for the whole company and hundreds of K3S, P3, KPA500, KAT500, KX2, KX3, PX3, KXPA100, and all the other goodies going out each month, it will be a few years until the next generation is done... Besides, once they do have something the test and re-test the design and refine it, and that takes time also.

I have two used K3's, as well as K-Line and a KX2, KX3 and PX3, that these radio will not be outdated and will do more then you will ever expect... The best part is, once you buy the radio, you get a customer service department that really cares and will do pretty much whatever it takes to keep you happy.... So get the K3S and when you can get the P3...

Have fun

73 Harry  K7ZOV

Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:21 PM

73, John N1JM

Charlie T, k3ICH

Latest rumor is that Wayne broke a string on his guitar and replaced it with the wrong size.   

Within a few minutes,  he discovered the “Lost Chord” * that has been hidden and sought after by various instrument artists for eons.

This will surely revolutionize the entire music industry.

Due to the notoriety this generated, Wayne has become a recluse and will only eat celery and drink distilled water.

I expect no less than thousands of replies and will probably be banned from ever posting on the Elecraft forum again.

Charlie k3ICH

*This chord was supposedly used in the composition of  Stravinsky’s “The Rite Of Spring” but not verified,  and several Beatles songs.  The chord itself can only be heard when played backwards at high speed.

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 11:51 PM

>
>

Not.

Wayne
N6KR

dalej <dj2001x@...>

And inside the AGC loop :)

Dale J.

Does this mean the K3 auto notch width can be narrowed to match that of
the manual notch? I rarely if ever use the auto notch preferring the
manual notch instead.

73, Nate, N0NB

dalej <dj2001x@...>

Yes, KPA1500 and a K4SDR with narrow auto notch inside the AGC loop, make it with 4 slice receivers and a 200 watt transmitter, built in spectrum analyzer, hot pancakes with maple syrup, etc.

Dale K9vuj

On 03, Feb 2017, at 6:54, 'ab4iqkf4cxo' ab4iq@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

I have two K3S’s and just waiting for the KPA1500.

Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:40 PM
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] Rumors

John,

It is a safe bet that Wayne, Eric and all the wonderful people in the backroom of Elecraft are working on something new and wonderful.... That said with was less then 50 people working for the whole company and hundreds of K3S, P3, KPA500, KAT500, KX2, KX3, PX3, KXPA100, and all the other goodies going out each month, it will be a few years until the next generation is done... Besides, once they do have something the test and re-test the design and refine it, and that takes time also.

I have two used K3's, as well as K-Line and a KX2, KX3 and PX3, that these radio will not be outdated and will do more then you will ever expect... The best part is, once you buy the radio, you get a customer service department that really cares and will do pretty much whatever it takes to keep you happy.... So get the K3S and when you can get the P3... 

Have fun

73 Harry  K7ZOV

To: Elecraft_K3@... 
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft_K3] Rumors

73, John N1JM

Mark Bayern

This is the beginning of February. Isn't it a little too early to
start the rumors about new products intros at Hamvention?

Mark

Richard Smith

My vote for KPA1000 or KPA1500 at same price point.

mikerodgerske5gbc

Look for it in 2077. 

Mike R

7!
Absolutely Awesome 

On Feb 2, 2017, at 10:54 PM, 'Reg Boudinot' reg@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

Wayne:

Cute, without disclosing anything.  We await the K4 SDR.

J

Reg K3s owner

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 10:51 PM

>
>

Not.

Wayne
N6KR

Not exactly, but my son Griffin (age 12, plays cello) and I were messing around with an instrumental piece last night and did discover the Lost Arpeggio!

Wayne

On Feb 3, 2017, at 5:45 AM, "'Charlie T, K3ICH' pincon@... [Elecraft_K3]" <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

Latest rumor is that Wayne broke a string on his guitar and replaced it with the wrong size.   

Within a few minutes,  he discovered the “Lost Chord” * that has been hidden and sought after by various instrument artists for eons.

This will surely revolutionize the entire music industry.

Due to the notoriety this generated, Wayne has become a recluse and will only eat celery and drink distilled water.

I expect no less than thousands of replies and will probably be banned from ever posting on the Elecraft forum again.

Charlie k3ICH

*This chord was supposedly used in the composition of  Stravinsky’s “The Rite Of Spring” but not verified,  and several Beatles songs.  The chord itself can only be heard when played backwards at high speed.

From: Elecraft_K3@... [mailto:Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 11:51 PM

>
>

Not.

Wayne
N6KR