Hi-Z Receive System & K3

Ignacy Misztal

How are you sensing the RF feedback?

The HI-Z system has active antennas + a low noise amp. The highest signal is that generated by the low noise amp and it cannot destroy anything.

I am using a 3-el (6 directions) Hi_Z array for a few years with the elements in the radial field of 160/80m vertical while pumping all the power that 2k-fa power can deliver, with no problems.

Ignacy, NO9E

Drew Vonada-Smith K3PA

All true.  You should be able to overload the preamp, but not generate dangerous levels to the radio.

73,
Drew K3PA

---In Elecraft_K3@..., <no9e@...> wrote :

How are you sensing the RF feedback?

The HI-Z system has active antennas + a low noise amp. The highest signal is that generated by the low noise amp and it cannot destroy anything.

I am using a 3-el (6 directions) Hi_Z array for a few years with the elements in the radial field of 160/80m vertical while pumping all the power that 2k-fa power can deliver, with no problems.

Ignacy, NO9E

N3HEE

I had the same problem with HiZ array tripping K3 COR.  I used the DX Eng. RTR-1A to isolate the RX antenna during TX.  -Joe N3HEE

Petr Ourednik

Hi,

never had any issue using KD9SV Front-End saver even using sufficient
power. (how many is "sufficient", hi)
http://ok1rp.blogspot.ch/2015/03/front-end-saver-for-lb-antennas.html

73 - Petr, OK1RP