K3 remote power ON/OFF

Bill

I got an email from VA2FSQ (WIN4K3 designer) with his suggestions.

Maybe the problem is solved - A usb controlled controlled relay to pull ACC pin 8 to
ground. This one even comes with its own sofrware that will leave an icon on the desktop:

I ordered this today, maybe it is the last step!

73, Bill KO7SS

Ed

Remote Power On/Off (pg 44 in K3 manual)

A remote-control system can pull the POWER ON
line to ground (ACC connector, pg. 18) to turn the
K3 ON. To turn it OFF, the controller must send
the K3 a “PS0;” remote-control command via the
RS232 interface, wait at least 100 ms, then
deactivate the POWER ON signal. This sequence
ensures that nonvolatile memory is updated
correctly before shut-down.

73
N2BHD