K3-mini starts in TERM mode

Scott Lowe

I am using the K3-mini to remotely operate my K3 via RemoteHams.com.  Occasionally, the K3-mini starts in the TERM mode.  I select the NORM mode by holding the [MENU] buttom for 5 seconds and then reboot the RCForb Client to connect to the K3; however, the K3-mini continues to revert to the TERM mode while connecting to the remote K3.  What is causing the K3-mini to go into the TERM mode when connecting to the K3?  And, how can this be avoided?

Thank you,
Scott, WA0TPN
--

Email: swlowe@...

gdinham@...

Hi Scott - I get the K3/0 mini showing TERM if the 1258s are not connected via the internet. I don't use Remotehams.com with my K3/0 mini but I suspect the TERM indication is caused by the same problem. I have autoconnect on my 1258s so as soon as I power on the 1258s, they connect within 5 seconds and then I power ON the K3/0 mini - this avoids the TERM problem with the associated 3 tone warning sound.

73 - Geoff G8OFQ

Scott Lowe

Geoff,

You are correct. I determined that when the RemoteHams server disconnects for some reason then the K3-mini goes into terminal mode when it attempts to connect to the server. The fix is to reboot the RemoteHams server.

Thank you!
Scott, WA0TPN
Reinbeck, Iowa

Printed on Recycled Data