[Elecraft_K3] K3 frequency change by itself

William Conkling <bconk75@...>

Do you have a mic in front mic connector?  If yes, unplug it. You might have a button closure in the plug.

...nr4c. bill

On Jan 9, 2016, at 4:46 PM, barry whittemore wb1edi@... [Elecraft_K3] <Elecraft_K3@...> wrote:

My K3 S/N mid 3K range with new synth modules and second RX and it just started changing its own frequency.

What i have noticed and tried.
 It tunes up the band slowly regardless of which way it was being tuned.
It starts at power on.
with or without logger running (N1MM)
with or without serial port connected
any band or mode
Only VFO A

Thats all i can think of at the moment.
Anyone seen and fixed this?
Thanks
Barry
NF1O

barry NF1O

The problem seems to have gone away since i plugged in and removed a front panel mike connector.  I have not used the front mike as i use the rear panel. It sure seemed like the up button was being pushed and thats the only place it has connections. I will chock it up to dusty contacts making contact.
Unless of course, it comes back.
73 and thanks to all who suggested things.
Barry
NF1O

To: Elecraft_K3@...