Other filters in the K3

bill_w4zv <w0zv@...>

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., Hans Remeeus <hans@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for this very interesting information!

This is very good to know before to decide and how to place the order.
In case you have not seen it, also check the 8-pole filter plots here:

http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3_8_pole_plots.htm

...and 5-pole info here:

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2007-September/073452.html

... some of my personal thoughts:

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2007-September/073462.html
http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2007-September/073737.html

...and regarding the 250/200 BW filters, see second paragraph from the
bottom:

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2007-September/073959.html

73, Bill

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft

You must have at least one SSB b/w filter in the K3 when we ship. (2.7
kHz or higher.) These filters are used on TX and must be in the rig.

73, Eric WA6HHQ

bill_w4zv <w0zv@...>

Hi Eric,

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., "Eric C. Swartz"
<wa6hhq_lists@...> wrote:

You must have at least one SSB b/w filter in the K3 when we ship. (2.7
kHz or higher.) These filters are used on TX and must be in the rig.
I understood the TX filter will be firmware menu selectable. If Hans
plans to use the rig on CW only, why couldn't he specify a filter
suitable for CW transmission (e.g. 1000 or 500 Hz)? As long as he
never used his K3 on SSB, he could sell his 2.7 kHz (if indeed he is
forced to buy one initially).

I do hope you have not changed your mind about allowing TX filters to
be menu selectable. Even though I will have a 2.7 kHz in my unit, I
plan to use a 500 Hz filter on CW transmit for signal quality reasons.

73, Bill

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft

Hi Bill,

Yes, we allow you to select which filter is used in TX for -each- mode
. We default to the 2.7 or 2.8 filter for SSB and CW TX, but you
certainly could TX through a narrower filter. The only limit will be
the narrower filter's impact on CW rise/fall times and possibly narrow
filter recovery from TX for fast break-in.

73, Eric

P.S. I may not reply to all posts here or on the other Elecraft lists
as I am focused on getting these guys out the door. :-)

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., "bill_w4zv" <w0zv@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., "Eric C. Swartz"