Date   

Filter data?

N1EU <barry.n1eu@...>
 

Is the plot for the stock ssb filter posted anywhere? I see the
8-pole plots at http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3_8_pole_plots.htm but I'd
like to compare the 2.7khz and 2.8khz plots.

Also, the filter DR info hasn't been posted yet, correct? I saw a
post back in June saying it would be posted in a few days but don't
remember ever seeing it.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU


Re: [Elecraft_K3] Moosehorn Amateur Radio Club K3-100w Demo

Paul@...
 





I will try and post some pictures
of the unit opened up on the web site.

www.N4LCD.com/k3





K3 and DRM reception

tomczykw <wojiech.tomczyk@...>
 

I wonder if K3 will be suitable for DRM reception or perhaps can be
modified in such a way that DRM stations can be received.
Tom, VK2OE


Re: K3 and DRM reception

Joe Stofko <wb1aiu@...>
 

Hi Tom,

If you haven't already... check out http://n1su.com/windrm/
With the built-in audio interface on the K3... a PC and free
WinDRM sofware, I think you would be well on your way
to exploring this new mode.

73,
Joe - WB1AIU

--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, "tomczykw" <wojiech.tomczyk@...>
wrote:

I wonder if K3 will be suitable for DRM reception or perhaps can be
modified in such a way that DRM stations can be received.
Tom, VK2OE


Re: K3 and DRM reception

ab2tc
 

Hi,

I wonder if Tom was referring to "real" DRM used by broadcasters. The
ham radio DRM is a downsized version using less bandwidth. A real DRM
signal takes up at least 10kHz, maybe more. I have WinDRM installed
and have occasionally decoded signals at 14236. Frankly the audio
quality is miserable; I have no idea why this should become a popular
mode.

Knut - AB2TC

--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Stofko" <wb1aiu@...> wrote:

Hi Tom,

If you haven't already... check out http://n1su.com/windrm/
With the built-in audio interface on the K3... a PC and free
WinDRM sofware, I think you would be well on your way
to exploring this new mode.

73,
Joe - WB1AIU

--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, "tomczykw" <wojiech.tomczyk@>
wrote:

I wonder if K3 will be suitable for DRM reception or perhaps can be
modified in such a way that DRM stations can be received.
Tom, VK2OE


Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: K3 and DRM reception

Rick <mrfarm@...>
 

I was thinking the same thing. Any standard HF radio can run the digital modes such as WinDRM since it fits into an SSB passband.

The commercial reception of DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale) requires tapping a low frequency IF and doing further processing. DRM is at least 10 kHz wide and can not be used on HF ham frequencies, even if we had the technology to do it. A few rigs or receivers are designed to do this such as the Flex Radio DSP transceivers.

73,

Rick, KV9U


ab2tc wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if Tom was referring to "real" DRM used by broadcasters. The
ham radio DRM is a downsized version using less bandwidth. A real DRM
signal takes up at least 10kHz, maybe more. I have WinDRM installed
and have occasionally decoded signals at 14236. Frankly the audio
quality is miserable; I have no idea why this should become a popular
mode.

Knut - AB2TC


Re: Moosehorn Amateur Radio Club K3-100w Demo

bigfork04
 

--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, Paul@... wrote:


Thanks, your pictures are alot better quality.


I will try and post some pictures
of the unit opened up on the web site.
www.N4LCD.com/k3


K3 and DRM reception

tomczykw <wojiech.tomczyk@...>
 

I am glad that this subject has generated some comments.
I intend to receive some broadcast band DRM transmissions and it
indeed requires some 12 kHz receiver bandwidth and an IF output.
Perhaps someone from Elecraft could comment about it.

Tom, VK2OE


Re: [Elecraft_K3] K3 and DRM reception

Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
 

I think you just need the FM 15KHz filter, right?
Leigh/WA5ZNU

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 1:40 pm, tomczykw wrote:
I am glad that this subject has generated some comments.
I intend to receive some broadcast band DRM transmissions and it
indeed requires some 12 kHz receiver bandwidth and an IF output.
Perhaps someone from Elecraft could comment about it.

Tom, VK2OE




Yahoo! Groups Links



Elecraft reflector down???

Jos� Nunes
 

Hi

I cannot access Elecraft Reflector on
http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2007-07/index.html

or better the last message I received is from the 6 of July.

Anyone else experience the same problem?

73
José Nunes
CT1BOH


Does K3 have ALC input?

Jerry Flanders
 

On the rear photo on the K3 page at www.elecraft.com, I don't see any ports clearly labelled for ALC in (to allow an external amp to cut back drive when necessary).

Does it have the ALC input? What does Elecraft call it?

Same for PTT control of an amp - picture doesn't show that either. "KEY OUT" maybe?

Jerry W4UK


Re: [Elecraft_K3] Does K3 have ALC input?

Toby Deinhardt
 

Does it have the ALC input? What does Elecraft call it?
Same for PTT control of an amp - picture doesn't show that either. "KEY OUT" maybe?
This is explained in the FAQ on the Elecraft website:



What is the accessory connector used for?

The K3 has a rich set of I/O connections. In addition to the usual key jack, paddle jack, etc., there is a 15-pin D-series connector. It includes: band data, two configurable 5V logic inputs (e.g., for FSK) and two configurable 5V logic outputs, remote power switch input, PTT, key and auxbus (e.g., for a KRC2 or transverter). While this connector looks like a VGA video connector, it is not. The K3 does not provide any sort of video output. You can get a clear idea of the rest of the K3 I/O by looking at the rear panel drawing located on the back side (where else?) of the K3 data sheet.

What is the pin-out for the DE-15 Accessory connector?

1 - DIG0 FSK? software definable TTL digital input (5V MAX!)
2 - AUXBUS
3 - BAND 1 Output (TTL)
4 - PTT input (in parallel with MIC jack PTT )
5 - COMMON (via 100 uH choke)
6 - DIG Out 0 (software definable TTL digital output)
7 - DIG1 Input software definable TTL digital input (5V MAX!)
8 - POWER (pull to ground with open collector or switch to turn K3 ON)
9 - BAND 2 Output (TTL)
10 - KEY-OUT (Same purpose as KEY-OUT on rear panel but lower current rating. Suitable for accessories such as sequencers.)
11 - DIG Out 1 (software definable TTL digital output)
12 - COMMON (via 100 uH choke)
13 - BAND 0 Output (TTL)
14 - BAND 3 Output (TTL)
15 - ALC input (0 to +5V MAX)





vy 73 de toby
--
DD5FZ, 4N6FZ (ex dj7mgq, dg5mgq, dd5fz)
K2 #885, K2/100 #3248
K3/100 #??? (< #200)
DOK C12, BCC, DL-QRP-AG


test

Ian J Maude <ian@...>
 

--
Ian J Maude G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC DX Cluster
Member of RSGB, ARRL, GQRP
K2 #4044 | K3 #?


Re: Elecraft reflector down???

bill_w4zv <w0zv@...>
 

--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, "ct1boh" <ct1boh@...> wrote:

Anyone else experience the same problem?
Yes, others have reported it being down. Use the one below for
archives until AC6RM comes back.

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2007-July/thread.html

73, Bill

P.S. You will need to manually change the URL to August instead of
July above if AC6RM is not back online by then.


Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: Elecraft reflector down???

Thom LaCosta <lacosta@...>
 

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, bill_w4zv wrote:

Yes, others have reported it being down. Use the one below for
archives until AC6RM comes back.

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2007-July/thread.html

You might also try
http://marc.info/?l=elecraft&r=1&w=2

Looks like it started 1/1/2000

Put in your own call in the search box....see if you remember all your posts.

Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web Ring,
QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel, Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/ *** Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month


Re: [Elecraft_K3] Does K3 have ALC input?

Jerry Flanders
 

Thanks, Toby.

Jerry

At 04:17 PM 7/17/2007, you wrote:

Does it have the ALC input? What does Elecraft call it?

Same for PTT control of an amp - picture doesn't show that either.
"KEY OUT" maybe?
This is explained in the FAQ on the Elecraft website:

What is the accessory connector used for?

The K3 has a rich set of I/O connections. In addition to the usual key
jack, paddle jack, etc., there is a 15-pin D-series connector. It
includes: band data, two configurable 5V logic inputs (e.g., for FSK)
and two configurable 5V logic outputs, remote power switch input, PTT,
key and auxbus (e.g., for a KRC2 or transverter). While this connector
looks like a VGA video connector, it is not. The K3 does not provide any
sort of video output. You can get a clear idea of the rest of the K3
I/O by looking at the rear panel drawing located on the back side (where
else?) of the K3 data sheet.

What is the pin-out for the DE-15 Accessory connector?

1 - DIG0 FSK? software definable TTL digital input (5V MAX!)
2 - AUXBUS
3 - BAND 1 Output (TTL)
4 - PTT input (in parallel with MIC jack PTT )
5 - COMMON (via 100 uH choke)
6 - DIG Out 0 (software definable TTL digital output)
7 - DIG1 Input software definable TTL digital input (5V MAX!)
8 - POWER (pull to ground with open collector or switch to turn K3 ON)
9 - BAND 2 Output (TTL)
10 - KEY-OUT (Same purpose as KEY-OUT on rear panel but lower current
rating. Suitable for accessories such as sequencers.)
11 - DIG Out 1 (software definable TTL digital output)
12 - COMMON (via 100 uH choke)
13 - BAND 0 Output (TTL)
14 - BAND 3 Output (TTL)
15 - ALC input (0 to +5V MAX)

vy 73 de toby
--
DD5FZ, 4N6FZ


Good news... or bad?

Joe Stofko <wb1aiu@...>
 

Here are some comments from K3 beta tester, N6XI, posted on the
Elecraft reflector…

With statements like "… front panel labels are being revised.", one
can only wonder if first flight shipments are still on track to begin
next week.

Joe – WB1AIU

Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:42:38 -0700
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Update: It keeps getting better...
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Message-ID:
<4d9a7d550707182342uf1f6176macdcb578c8d8b69f@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed

Folks keep asking me how the field test is going. I think it's going
very well. Almost all the changes Elecraft has published have been
software. The hardware I have seen is very stable. There were a few
missing pull-up resistors and a ground jumper which we added easily
in
the field. The front panel labels are being revised. But the hardware
behind this software-defined radio is proving itself remarkably close
to final detail and quality. So I have been telling those who ask
that
the K3 field test is really SMOP, what we call in the software
industry a "simple matter of programming." That big job is proceeding
well, with new features, fixes and tuneups coming through every few
days. They are a snap to download and with each download the K3 keeps
getting better and better.

One of the more recent features added to the K3 software was VOX. It
was worth the wait! This is one of the smoothest I've used and the
anti-VOX is perfect. I've yet to have speaker audio trip it. It's
easy
to adjust gain to match various microphones so that relaxed, quiet
speech triggers the VOX instantly but normal breathing and ambient
noise very rarely cause false triggers. Pickup is very fast - no need
to prefix a transmission with "Uhh..." to avoid losing a syllable.
There are no switching transients, either, so I can set the delay
very
short. Superb!

73,

/Rick N6XI


Re: Good news... or bad?

Joe Stofko <wb1aiu@...>
 

Craig,

I meant nothing negative, at all, with my comment and, am
somewhat surprised that you see it that way! I happen to agree that
I would prefer receiving a rig that was done right the first time,
rather than having to send it back. As for "leaving Elecraft alone"
I don't think my comment is a bother to Eric and the gang, at all.
Sure, I am as anxious as everyone else... BUT, I would not want to
wait an extra two months, or more, without some "concession" on the
part of Elecraft. They've had a decent sized chunk of money from me
since back in May...

Joe - WB1AIU

--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, "CR" <vk3he@...> wrote:

Why does it really matter?

I would rather have the product go out of the door right than have
Mk1, Mk2, and Mk3 etc. Even if the k3 is delayed for 2 extra
months
i would not care. I would rather prefer things being done right
than
have something thats been rushed out of the factory door.

While i appreciate everyones desire to own and get their hands on
the
rig that they have ordered, i think we should all leave Elecraft
alone until the K3 is released. I am sure Elecraft does not need
unfounded negative publicity based on minor constructive feedback
from
beta testers. After all the radio is not released yet and thats
just
part of the product development cycle.

Frankly there is no real alternative that will be as good as the
K3 on
the horizon yet. The K3 would be well worth the wait, even if
there
are delays and minor changes along the way!

Craig


--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Stofko" <wb1aiu@> wrote:

Here are some comments from K3 beta tester, N6XI, posted on the
Elecraft reflector…

With statements like "… front panel labels are being revised.",
one
can only wonder if first flight shipments are still on track to
begin
next week.

Joe – WB1AIU

Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:42:38 -0700
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@>
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Update: It keeps getting better...
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@>
Message-ID:
<4d9a7d550707182342uf1f6176macdcb578c8d8b69f@>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed

Folks keep asking me how the field test is going. I think it's
going
very well. Almost all the changes Elecraft has published have
been
software. The hardware I have seen is very stable. There were a
few
missing pull-up resistors and a ground jumper which we added
easily
in
the field. The front panel labels are being revised. But the
hardware
behind this software-defined radio is proving itself remarkably
close
to final detail and quality. So I have been telling those who
ask
that
the K3 field test is really SMOP, what we call in the software
industry a "simple matter of programming." That big job is
proceeding
well, with new features, fixes and tuneups coming through every
few
days. They are a snap to download and with each download the K3
keeps
getting better and better.

One of the more recent features added to the K3 software was
VOX. It
was worth the wait! This is one of the smoothest I've used and
the
anti-VOX is perfect. I've yet to have speaker audio trip it.
It's
easy
to adjust gain to match various microphones so that relaxed,
quiet
speech triggers the VOX instantly but normal breathing and
ambient
noise very rarely cause false triggers. Pickup is very fast - no
need
to prefix a transmission with "Uhh..." to avoid losing a
syllable.
There are no switching transients, either, so I can set the
delay
very
short. Superb!

73,

/Rick N6XI


Re: [Elecraft_K3] Re: Good news... or bad?

Thom LaCosta <lacosta@...>
 

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Joe Stofko wrote:

Sure, I am as anxious as everyone else... BUT, I would not want to
wait an extra two months, or more, without some "concession" on the
part of Elecraft. They've had a decent sized chunk of money from me
since back in May...
I looked at the deposit as a participatory activity on my part. The beta testers are doing their thing, and those of us that ordered in the first round not only confirmed that the Aptos crew had a good idea, but the money helps them get it out the door.

As far as asking for a concession...perhaps you can develop a so many dollars per day plan...and then suggest that to Elecraft.

I think that anyone ordering a first run product that is scuh a radical departure from the norm should not be surprized is there is a delay.


Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web Ring,
QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel, Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/ *** Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month


Re: Good news... or bad?

Joe Stofko <wb1aiu@...>
 

Hey! I'd be happy with a T-shirt or a hat, if I had to wait an
exceptionally lengthy period of time !!! ha! I mean, this is
Elecraft we are talking about here... not MFJ !!

Now... on to more positive things!.. If we gotta wait... we gotta
wait... I really DO want it to be "right the first time"!!

So... about the thread concering commercial DRM reception...

Joe - WB1AIU



--- In Elecraft_K3@yahoogroups.com, Thom LaCosta <lacosta@...> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Joe Stofko wrote:

Sure, I am as anxious as everyone else... BUT, I would not want
to
wait an extra two months, or more, without some "concession" on
the
part of Elecraft. They've had a decent sized chunk of money from
me
since back in May...
I looked at the deposit as a participatory activity on my part.
The beta
testers are doing their thing, and those of us that ordered in the
first round
not only confirmed that the Aptos crew had a good idea, but the
money helps them
get it out the door.

As far as asking for a concession...perhaps you can develop a so
many dollars
per day plan...and then suggest that to Elecraft.

I think that anyone ordering a first run product that is scuh a
radical
departure from the norm should not be surprized is there is a
delay.


Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake
Web Ring,
QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel, Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/ *** Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month

121 - 140 of 35766