Re: Split, RIT, XIT not working

Christopher Scibelli

Thanks, Bill. I took your suggestion and downloaded the shorted version and saved it to my Documents folder. I don't read the reflector on a daily basis so naturally this slipped by.

73

Chris

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., "bill_w4zv" <w0zv@...> wrote:

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., "bill_w4zv" <w0zv@> wrote:

You're attempting to use QRQ when in SPLIT...that's not allowed for QRQ mode. Why? Because the VCO cannot handle QRQ frequency shifting. This is in the documentation somewhere.
Here's the applicable documentation from the firmware revison history:

MCU 4.03 / DSP 2.60, 6-10-2010

* ULTRA-FAST BREAK-IN AND QRQ CW ("CW+"):
If you set CONFIG:CW QRQ to ON in the menu, the K3 will
provide extremely fast break-in at all CW speeds. It will also
allow both the internal keyer and external keying to work
at up to 100 WPM. (Be sure to turn on both QSK and VOX.)
The "+" mode icon turns on when CW+ is in effect.

Tip: You may want to assign the CW QRQ menu entry to
a programmable switch function (e.g., PF1) for quick access.
This can be done by locating the CW QRQ menu entry, then
holding PF1 until you see "PF1 SET".

Note 1: There are limitations to QRQ CW mode at present.
You cannot use SHIFT, or turn on RIT, XIT, or SPLIT. However,
you can still use splits, in effect, if you have the sub receiver
installed: Turn the SUB on, and use VFO B as the receive VFO.
(In a subsequent firmware release, RIT/XIT will be usable over
a small range in QRQ mode.)

Note 2: If you use CONFIG:TX DLY to set external keying
delay, you may need to adjust its setting for QRQ CW use. Also,
any increase in the default (8 ms) may decrease the maximum
available CW speed.

BTW, rather than using a paper manual which may go out of date very quickly, I recommend you always download the latest manual here:

http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm#K3

The one you want is the second one down (the smaller 1.8MB revision D9 manual). Open it using .pdf, click the Binocular (search) symbol at the upper left, enter "QRQ" or whatever you're looking for, and it will search and locate all instances of that word in the entire manual.

73, Bill