Re: Heil Proset

Christopher Scibelli

Bill: I appreciate the reply. It appears Joe Subich has answered my question.

73

NU1O Chris

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., william conkling <bconk75@...> wrote:

Was it marked Proset 4 or 5,?

...bc. nr4c
On Dec 5, 2010 11:56 AM, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

I bought the Heil Proset for my microphone with the K3.
Did you buy the "Elecraft" version from Elecraft or did you
buy a ProSet from another vendor?

Put another way, do you have bias turned on in your K3 or
are you using no bias?

If you need bias voltage, the ProSet has the iC (Icom)
electret element which is generally has a wide range
(broad/flat) audio response. If your ProSet does not need
bias, look at the "cup" where the mic attaches to the earpiece
the element will be marked there. HC-4 is the sharply peaked
"DX" element while the HC-5 has a little flatter response but
is still designed for articulation (some boost above 1500 Hz).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 12/5/2010 3:14 AM, admiral1789 wrote:
Hi:

I bought the Heil Proset for my microphone with the K3. The guys I have
have been talking with have asked what the cartridge is but it does not
specify. Does anybody know what Heil cartridge is installed with the
standard Proset? Been getting fantastic audio reports. The less compression,
or none at all, seem to produce the best audio reports. I do use compression
when I need to break through a pileup but can hear the difference in my
monitor. Less compression is better sounding.

Thanks

NU1O Chris