From: Joe Subich, W4TV
Subject: RE: [Elecraft_K3] New subject: Modulation monitoring
To: Elecraft_K3@...
Date: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 2:22 PM

Since Part 97 specifically precludes "Broadcasting" in the
amateur service and has done so for more than 80 years, the
only possible interpretation is that voice communications
do not need to be of "Broadcast" quality. Therefore the
appropriate standard is commercial (e.g. "communications" )
quality and audio bandwidths exceeding 3 KHz are thus
excessive.

Those who would use or advocate such excessive bandwidths
are like provocateurs who would yell "fire" in an occupied
theater or hold a skinhead rally in front of a Synagogue.

73,

... Joe, W4TV