Re: K3/100 and KPA3 Rev C Tech Alert - Important

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft

Hi Mike,

No, if its clean, you are probably OK. Make sure you are checking at
above 13W so the KPA3 is in-line.

Not ALL KPA3s in the s/n or date range have C3 installed. I actually
listed a slightly widers/n range than we thought the problem occurred in
just to make sure we caught them all. s/n 3008 is at the leading edge
and probably missed it.

As per the app note, you can look through the front top cover vents at
the KPA3 PCB to see if you have a Rev C PCB. Odds are you have the
prior rev.

73, Eric

--- In Elecraft_K3@..., "Leigh" <bipi@...> wrote:

Eric,

I have serial # 3008. I've checked my signal on a spectrum analyzer
and it is clean. Do all KPA3's with the C3 installed on the board have
this problem or is it possible to show up at a later date?

Thanks

73 de Mike
K7PI