Re: Odd 6m KAT500 Behavior

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

I suggest setting the TUNE power to 25 watts or so and allowing the KAT500 to do its routine to resolve a match.  This will reduce the value of the CMC which can be seen by and confuse the KAT500.   With a 1.5:1 SWR on the feedline, unless it is lossy line, I wouldn't worry about it.  Some of the SWR is likely due to the 5 port antenna switch.

My KAT500 and my KPA500 and my in-line power/SWR meter all showed different SWR values on 6M.

A final comment, be sure each piece of station equipment is bonded to a common point with dedicated jumpers.   My station power supply is my common point.