Re: KX3 Remote operation

Don Solberg

This was an experimental function that Elecraft had plans on enhancing but never did.  You can control basic functions on the K3 using the KX3 but there are limitations.  I had this working remotely using serial to TCP software.  The problem was if you changed the K3 frequency using another application, like Win4K3Suite or your logging program, the KX3's display didn't reflect that change so if you then made an adjustment with the KX3 knob the K3 will jump to that frequency even if it was on another band.  I found it to be unusable.  You would be much better of with a K3/0 or another K3.

I wish they would have finished this functionality.

73,

Don K9AQ