Re: K3 WSJTX Signalink help

Rick NK7I

Set the WSJT-X power level to MAX and then ignore it's existence.  It's only useful on radios made prior to 1985 and it's an abhorrent mistake to have it on the front panel.

Underdriving the audio on any Elecraft causes it to seek more audio; which is generally a 'bad' thing, it'll transmit whatever (noise) it can to attempt to meet the output power setting on the radio.

73,
Rick NK7I

On 5/16/2022 1:56 PM, ve3ki wrote:
You need to adjust the sound card output levels and/or the K3's MIC gain control to give you 4-5 bars on the K3's ALC meter while transmitting. Once the audio level is sufficient, use the K3's PWR control (*not* the Pwr slider in WSJT-X) to set the output power level. The K3's ALC system works differently to the ALC systems in other transceivers, and the instructions for those systems are not applicable to the K3.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 04:32 PM, K0ATV / Derek wrote:
Trying to get my K3 set up to do digital. Mostly for winlink emcomm stuff but I've found that if I can get wsjtx working with other radios most everything else falls in place. I got the Signalink, installed the jumper chip, hooked up to my K3 with their special cable kit. Got wsjtx "hearing" and CAT control working. It will TX via wsjtx but..  My issue lies that when I try and TX (ptt on signalink lights up) It is registering only one bar / 10w on my RF out and my power meter sees nothing, no matter where the TX is on the signalink, or my power level on the radio. So in essence that tells me I'm not TXing anything. I do have wsjtx set to VOX as per the instructions. I do have MIC+LIN=ON. I have sound levels and every thing else set up from the Tigertronics end per their instructions. Is there a setting (or settings) in the K3 I might be missing? I cannot for the life of me find any sort of decent tutorial on how to set this up to work. Can someone who has walked in these shoes please lend some advice?

K0ATV