Re: K3 + HDSDR + RSP1A Help please

David Erickson - AB0R

On 5/8/2022 4:39 PM, K0ATV / Derek wrote:
Folks, I just picked up a used K3 and am very very excited about this radio. One of my wants is to utilize the IF out to my RSP1A and into an SDR program. I am not really particular to any SDR program if someone has info doing this with another. There is little and conflicting information about this scenario via google search. It does seem that others have done it, but the instructions given have some holes in them. I can get HDSDR control via Omni Rig working, but cannot for the life of me get viable spectrum data on the waterfall. I am apparently doing something wrong somewhere. If you have experience with this scenario please chime in, I could really use some help!
Derek / K0ATV
Derek,

You are very close to having it sorted out.

It works FB as you say, HDSDR, OmniRig, and RSP(duo in my case)

The RSPduo can read the IF output directly and there was no need to configure anything beyond what you have already said.

DO make sure you have installed the RSP "EXTIO_rsp***" package available from their website. That is required for HDSDR to talk to the RSP(duo).

Good luck, you will like it.

--
Dave Erickson
AB0R