Re: ALC no longer displaying when metering is in the CMP-ALC mode

Rick NK7I

And making SURE that the correct OS driver is chosen with the correct levels set at the OS level.  Windows does have a tendency to mung things up, often.

73,
Rick NK7I

On 11/30/2021 12:09 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 11/30/2021 11:58 AM, Jim Shepherd wrote:
Even with levels set way above, the ALC is not displaying when I am in tx data mode using FT8.

That either means that audio drive is not set high enough, or that something is broke in the radio. If you see ALC on SSB, I'd say it's audio drive. That means setting the Power slider in WSJT-X to max, and increase Line In gain (the Mic Gain knob) until you see 4 bars flashing 5 on ALC.

73, Jim K9YC