Re: KPA1500 FT8 Split Operation ATU Issue

Rick NK7I

“Fake it” or split is suggested to keep the TX audio within the 1500-2000 Hz range.

To have that audio go below that range, risks transmitting harmonics which add garbage and interference to other receivers.

It’s most apparent in F/H mode when the app selects the tones, not the user, in a reply, always low.

Just allow the app to control the VFO(s), using other than “None” and you won’t cause issues.   It’s just that simple.

73,
Rick NK7I

Email spiel Czech corruptions happen

On Sep 24, 2021, at 7:00 AM, Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@...> wrote:

Thanks for your clarification.  I do not use split in F/H either as I generally find the FOX in the low end of the passband around 300Hz and I TX above 1000  Hz.  I agree if FOX is outside the passband, SPLIT would be required.  So far, I have found the FOX inside passband.

73, Jim K7EG