KPA1500 Temperature Management #kpa1500

David Mackey

I just added a KPA1500 to the shack, and  I am unsure about how much I should worry about temperature management. I know the maximum specified in the specs is 110C, but that does seem very high. The fans kick in about 40C and start ratcheting up at about 50c. I've had issues with LDMOS devices in the past so I am a bit nervous to just letting things increase to "see what happens". Can anyone give some longer term user advice as to their experience, and at what point things stabilize? The ambient temp here in the shack is not high, about 60-75F.

I looked around for a KPA1500 group, but couldn't find one. Let me know if this is the wrong venue.

Thanks
73 Dave K1KA