Re: K3 Diversity reception

B Anderson

Jim

Thanks for the detailed explanation of diversity.

That was very educational

Bryce
K6TI

On Jun 21, 2021, at 18:40, Tom Doligalski W4KX via groups.io <w4kx=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

For field day a few years ago I used a 40m 3 element wire beam headed west, and a dipole headed N/S. We cleaned up!

These days I don’t have the property. Got one directed N/S, and one headed west.

Diversity works great. Under qsb conditions signals seem to “rotate” between the two receivers.

Tom W4KX
On Jun 21, 2021, at 6:30 PM, Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:
Or
On 6/21/2021 1:25 PM, Michael Kopec via groups.io wrote:
Maybe I worded it wrong. I use a vertical and a horz antenna for diversity. That IS receiving to different paths so to speaki.
Yes and no. Yes, they have different horizontal and vertical patterns, so the signals they receive are less likely to be equal in magnitude (strength), and may also be a bit different phase, but likely less than what results from separation by a significant fraction of a wavelength.

For LOW
NOISE I also select NONE DIVERSITY RX antennas being either the low noise Mag rx loop or the Horz roof mounted loop.
Sounds good to me.

73, Jim K9YC